International Legal English Unit 13 is about secured transactions. This online vocabulary unit presents 24 new legal English words and phrases, many of which are used regularly in connection with secured transactions. As you complete the exercises pay attention to the words in bold and try to understand their meaning and usage.
Students who complete the unit should be able to understand the legal meaning of the terms presented and use the terms correctly in a legal context.
- Listening: a conversation between a 3rd-year law student and a 2nd-year law student (1)
- Listening: a conversation between a 3rd-year law student and a 2nd-year law student (2)
- Vocabulary check: matching terms with explanations
- Language in use: completing a set of notes
- Prepositions in the context of secured transactions
End of unit quiz