Students May Apply for the Global Rhodes Scholarship to Take an LLM at Oxford University
Two Global Rhodes Scholarships will be awarded by the Rhodes Trust to students intent on taking up a postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford, UK. Effectively, this qualifies prospective students of LLM programs offered by the Oxford Faculty of Law. Anybody from around the world wishing to undertake a postgraduate course of study at Oxford University is encouraged to apply.
The Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest and most prominent international postgraduate scholarship program globally. Its goal is to develop and support future world leaders who are fundamentally public-spirited. The Rhodes Scholarship offers funding in 64 countries.
For 2018, a total of 100 Rhodes Scholarships will be awarded, two of which are the new Global Scholarships for incoming Oxford students who are nominated by their respective universities. The scholarships will be awarded based on academic excellence. Besides the other postgraduate programs, those intending to take up any of the following Master of Laws (LLM) programs at Oxford University are welcome to apply:
- Magister Juris
- MSc in Law and Finance
- MSc in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Civil Law
- MPhil in Law
Each of the two Global Rhodes Scholarships will cover the full tuition costs and airfares to and from Oxford for the start and end of the degree. Part of the scholarship is a maintenance stipend. Chosen scholars may take any of the eligible full-time postgraduate degrees at Oxford University for a 2 to 3 years period. To be eligible to apply, the following conditions should be met:
- Applicant must be a resident of any country not within Rhodes jurisdiction;
- Applicant must be 18-24 with excellent intellect, leadership, character and commitment to service;
- Age limit: 18 to 24 years of age by October 1 in the year of application; and,
- Applicant must be a holder of a Bachelor's degree with grades that meet Oxford and Rhodes standards prior to entering Oxford University.
The application deadline is 30 June 2018.