The Loyola Law School (LLS) based in Los Angeles, California has just made its LLM program a more interesting prospect for students intending to practice law in California and New York. Through its new Bar Track LLM program, international students will be able to prepare to sit the New York and California Bar exams. Those who pass will become eligible to practice law in the U.S.
LLS has recently added the new track to its LLM program and will be implemented starting next semester. Prior to this, LLM students are normally required to take a separate course after the LLM program. With the new Bar Track LLM, the preparation for the bar has been integrated into the program. The New Bar Track will be comprised of the following three important components:
- A weekend of intensive workshop to take place in the Fall;
- A course on the Essentials of Bar Writing; and,
- The provision of more exclusive resources in preparation of the Bar prior to the exams in July.
Students who will require further tutoring will also be accommodated.
Loyola Law School Los Angeles also offers other specialized LLM programs as follows:
- Civil Litigation and Advocacy
- Criminal Justice
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
- Entertainment & Media Law
- Intellectual Property
- International Business Law
All LLM programs have a January and August intake. Applications for the January 2018 intake have been closed and those who intend to take the August 2018 LLM classes have until 1 March 2018 to complete their applications.