Recently ranked the best university in The Netherlands for 2018 by the Times Higher Education, the University of Amsterdam (UvA) has been providing students with its sought after open, tolerant and international academic tradition since its founding in 1632.
The recent accolade is just one of the numerous honors UvA has received from the most prestigious ranking organizations, such as, QS Ranking, THE, Shanghai, Centre of Higher Education Development, and Leiden. Besides being the best in The Netherlands, it also belongs to the top 30 EU universities and the top 100 in the world.
UvA Law School offers LLM programmes taught in English. Many of its students come from various countries, thus the international atmosphere that pervades in the Law School. It currently offers 10 specialized LLM programmes:
- LLM in European Private Law (LLM Track)
- LLM in International & European Law: European Competition Law & Regulation (LLM Track)
- LLM in International & European Law: European Union Law (LLM Track)
- LLM in International & European Law: International Trade & Investment Law (LLM Track)
- LLM in International & European Law: Public International Law (LLM Track)
- LLM in International Tax Law (LLM Track)
- LLM in International Criminal Law (Advanced Master's)
- LLM in Law, Markets and Behaviour (Joint Programme)
- LLM in Information Law (Research Master's)
- LLM in Public International Law (Research Master's)
All programmes under the LLM track can be taken full time for one year or part time for two years. Amsterdam Law School also has two intakes: February and September of each year. The rest of the other LLM courses must be taken full-time and are only available as residential courses.