Founded in 1926, the University of Miami School of Law began with a class of 14 students. Today, Miami Law is considered one of the country's leading law institutions. It boasts of faculty members who are leaders in their respective fields, as well as a diverse student body hailing from almost 80 countries. One of the reasons for its success is its strategic location, Miami, which is considered the gateway to the Americas.
Many students prefer to get their LLM degree from Miami Law not just because of its location but also due to the availability of varied LLM programs on different fields of law with varying intake dates. These LLM degrees can be taken full-time or part-time, on-campus or online. This affords students with great flexibility, allowing them to continue with their careers while seeking higher legal education.
The following LLM programs, which may be taken full-time for 9 months or part-time for 21 months, are offered by Miami Law with the corresponding intake dates:
- LLM in Entertainment, Arts & Sports - Fall intake
- LLM in International Arbitration - January and August intakes
- LLM in Maritime Law - January and August intakes
- LLM in Taxation- Fall and Spring intakes
- LLM in Taxation of Cross-Border Investment - Winter/Spring, Fall, Summer intakes
- LLM in Estate Planning - Fall and Spring intakes
- LLM in International Law: General - Fall and Spring intakes
- LLM in International Law: Inter-American Law - Fall and Spring intakes
- LLM in International Law: U.S. & Transnational Law for Foreign Lawyers - Fall and Spring intakes
- LLM in International Law with Intensive English - Spring intake
- LLM in Real Property Development