Get an Excellent Legal Education at the Irvine School of Law, University of California - Apply for an LLM Degree Now
The University of California's Irvine School of Law will start accepting LLM applications for the academic year 2018-2019 on 1 September 2017. The deadline for applications is 1 May 2018. UC Irvine is known for its first-rate legal education, particularly for its Master of Laws program offered to attorneys, government officials, judges and law graduates who want to further specialize in the U.S. legal system.
UC Irvine School of Law offers a general LLM course which can be accomplished in one year, full time. The program involves four required modules, namely:
- Introduction to American Law
- American Legal Practice in Context
- Research, Analysis, and Writing in American Law
- Professional Responsibility, Globalization, and the Legal Profession in the U.S.
Students will be also have the opportunity to select other supplementary modules.
If you decide to take an LLM degree in UC Irvine, it would be best to prepare ahead and submit your application early to give room for contingencies. The application may be accomplished and submitted online along with the other requirements. The following documents should be scanned and sent online along with the application form:
- Proof of English proficiency - a minimum TOEFL score of 100 iBT or IELTS score of 7.0 is required.
- Transcript of law degree records
- Statement of purpose
- Two or three letters of recommendation
Once the foregoing documents are submitted, they can no longer be revised or changed. It is therefore necessary to ensure accuracy and completeness. An interview will be scheduled to gain a better assessment of the applicant's communication and interpersonal skills. This may be done in person or through Skype.