Application to the LLM Programs at UConn Law - Dates to Remember
The University of Connecticut School of Law (UConn Law) is tied in ranking with Baylor University, University of Richmond and the Southern Methodist University (Dedman) as the 50th best law school in the US in its recent survey for 2019 rankings. This is the reason UConn Law is one of the most popular venues for students taking an LM degree to advance their legal careers.
UConn Law currently offers five LLM programs:
- LLM in Human Rights and Social Justice
- LLM in Energy and Environmental Law
- LLM in Intellectual Property and Information Governance
- LLM in Insurance Law
- LLM in U.S. Legal Studies
For its August 2018 intake, prospective LLM applicants should take note of the following important dates:
- 1 June 2018 - deadline of application for non-U.S. residents
- 15 July 2018 - deadline of application for U.S. residents
- 20 August 2018 - LLM students' fall semester orientation
- 27 August 2018 - First day of classes for UConn's fall semester 2018
UConn Law also has both an August and a January intake. Those who do not apply for the fall 2018 classes may instead apply for the spring intake. Deadline of applications for the January 2018 intake is 15 November 2018. All five LLM programs may be taken full-time for 9 months or part-time for 21 months.
Applications and requirements must be submitted online through the LSAC. Those whose first language is not English will need to show proof of English proficiency. Any application submitted beyond the deadlines will be considered only on a space-availability basis. Results are provided within several weeks of receipt of application.