Application Deadline to the Geneva LLM in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS) is 2 February 2018
It may be too tight but if the aspiring student is intent on gaining high quality LLM education through the Geneva LL.M. in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS), the few days left to apply may be overcome. Prospective LLM students of the MIDS have only until 2 February 2018 to apply for the 2018-2019 LLM classes.
The MIDS is offered by the University of Geneva and those who will finish this program will receive a diploma awarded jointly by the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID). MIDS is a full-time postgraduate degree program that may be completed within one year. It gives its students with a high-profile, in-depth study of international dispute settlement based of a broad range of contexts and perspectives.
However, it should be noted that for the 2018-2019 intake, the deadline of application is in a matter of days, i.e., 2 February 2018. Applications must be submitted online through the University's website and applicants are responsible in making sure that all requirements are received by the relevant admissions offices prior to the given deadline. There are no applications fees to be paid. The following are the requirements that should go with the application form:
- copy of the passport;
- updated resume;
- 800-word essay/personal statement showing interest in dispute settlement with concrete examples;
- two letters of recommendation each from academic or professional supervisor or teacher (can be scanned);
- copies of diploma or other relevant degrees in English or French certified translation;
- copies of official transcripts of records from the university;
- Scores of TOEFL or IELTS, if applicable;
- OPTIONAL: 10-page excerpt (with table of contents) of the most important papers written during university study, if applicable.