IE Law SchoolIE University has an international education model with programs combining a practical approach with online and on site learning.
The school's model is a student centered learning process aimed to equip students with insight into global business, a marked capacity for innovation, an entrepreneurial mindset, and the humanistic spirit.
IE has an international focus and offers programs taught in English and Spanish designed to foster an international exchange of ideas and knowledge.
The University has 1,400 students and a faculty with 190 experts.
The law school
IE Law School's has two campuses: Madrid and Segovia.
Not surprisingly, there is always something going on in this vibrant community. And the community facilitates learning about the law in many contexts: business, economic and social.
Significantly, IE has 35 years experience in training lawyers.
IE's hands-on approach to legal problems and its proven method of "active learning" have helped it to establish an international benchmark in business law and the international practice of law.
Candidates must pay a non-refundable application fee of €120 to cover administrative costs.
Tuition fees for the Master of Laws in International Legal Practice amounted to €29,000 + €1,100 (contribution to the IE Business School Foundation) in October 2009.
Admission is valid for two years, allowing the successful applicant up to two years to reserve a place on an intake. This allows students to plan their LLM experience.
To reserve a place in the Master of Laws (LLM) in International Legal Practice, students are required to make a deposit equivalent to 20% of the total program fees (€5,800) + the contribution to the IE Business School Foundation (€1050).
The place reservation must be paid via one of the following methods:
- A check payable to IE Business School.
- Depositing the amount in cash at IE Business School.
- A bank transfer. To request bank information for payments, please contact email@example.com. Once the transfer has been made, it is imperative to fax the proof of payments to IE Business School (+34 91 568 97 10). To validate a place reservation made via bank transfer please send proof of both payments (20% of the tuition fee + the contribution to the IE Business School Foundation) in the form of faxed copies of the transfer receipts to the Admissions Department.
Once the admitted candidate has started the enrollment process by making the deposit of the contribution to the IE Business School Foundation and the non-refundable place reservation of 20% of the total fees for the program in question, IE Business School offers payment schemes for the remaining 80% of program fees. Students may pay fees in installments payable monthly over 3 or 6 consecutive months.
There are also various financial aid options available to assist with the not inconsiderable cost of pursuing an LLM.
For more information please contact the Instituto de Empresa Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Instituto de Empresa Foundation aims to bring management training to those people who have excelled in personal and professional aspects of their lives but do not have the resources to access a program. Instituto de Empresa Foundation administers a number of scholarships. For any additional information kindly contact directly the Instituto de Empresa Foundation: email@example.com or visit the website www.ie.edu/scholarships
The José María Cervelló scholarship is offered for legal studies at IE, for more information please refer to the web or contact us at the email address below:
Becas José María Cervelló.
Awarded to candidates with an excellent academic and professional record.
Cover 50 and 100% of the Program's fee.
Deadline: June 15
IE has agreements with banks that offer loans on specific conditions in order to accommodate your needs.
- Loans covering a maximum of 100% of fees. These cover the maximum of the debt of the student with IE.
- Loan payment period of maximum 8 years.
- Maximum capital grace period of 18 months.
- Variable interest rate based on mortgage rate index.
Loan approval and denial, and the conditions of any loan, are at the discretion of the bank in question based on their own predetermined criteria.
Any IE student, after being admitted to an IE Program, can send their loan application to IE. Students can also submit any questions or concerns to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who have arranged full or partial funding from an employer or third party must submit a Corporate Financing Form (available from the Admissions Department) completed by their sponsor, and return the signed document to the Admissions Department.
To be considered for admission, a candidate must successfully complete the following prior to submitting their application:
- A Law degree from an accredited college/university (or equivalent).
- IE Admissions Test, LSAT or GMAT.
- A complete application, including all supporting documents.
- An English language certificate, which is required for all non-native English-speaking applicants (TOEFL, TOIEC, IELTS, Cambridge Advanced, EOI). However, this requirement is waived if you can demonstrate one of the following:
o Two years work experience in an English speaking country.
o An undergraduate degree completed in English.
o English proficiency, through the admissions test and interview.
English proficiency will also be evaluated during the admissions test and interview.
The IE LLM program is listed among the best in the world and is best defined by two factors:
1. A clinical approach, and
2. A focus on the practice of law in the context of business.
All graduate programs in law start from the same premise, i.e. that merely 'knowing the law' is not enough for success in the practice of law. IE's teaching method reflects this premise via its focus on "active learning".
"Active learning" takes place through individual and group work on hypothetical cases based on faculty members' real world experiences. Individuals and groups work to solve these real-world hypotheticals.