a resolution passed by the shareholders through written communication rather than during a meeting Since all of the shareholders agreed unanimously upon the issue, and time was of the essence (=important), the shareholders passed a written resolution.
- UK companies are now able to use the written resolution procedure.
- Single-member companies may conduct business by written resolution.
- Resolutions can be made effectively by circulating a written resolution.
- The board sent a copy of the intended written resolution to the auditors.
- A consent resolution is any resolution signed by all of the directors or shareholders, which authorizes a particular action-- this eliminates the need for face-to-face meetings of directors and shareholders.