to remove money from an account The employee was not authorised to withdraw money from the company account.
to remove from consideration Jacobson was forced to withdraw his name from the list of potential chairpersons.
to no longer support something; to no longer be involved in something; to remove something If you entered a plea of guilty and you wish to withdraw that plea, you must file a motion with the court.
- It is now possible to withdraw funds.
- Mexico withdrew its bid to host the World Cup in 2018.
- We ask that you immediately withdraw your claim.
- A withdrawal is what you make when you withdraw money from an account: The employee was not authorised to make a withdrawal from the company account.
- withdraw a plea to retract (=take back) a plea