not clear, obscure The meaning of the words "full amount" was vague in the contract and was therefore interpreted differently by different parties.
- The definition of the term is left deliberately vague in all four documents.
- The witness told them he only had a vague recollection of the killer.
- The court found the standard vague.
- Written admission criteria (= factors) are often vague and unspecific.
- Vague is found with two synonyms in the triplet vague, nonspecific, and indefinite.
- When a provision of a contract or a law is void for vagueness it is invalid because it is not clear enough.