to set aside or annul (=to officially announce a law, contract or agreement etc no longer exists) a wrongly made order or judgment The court refused to vacate the lower court's judgment.
to move out of real estate (=land or buildings) so that you no longer occupy that real estate The tenant refused to vacate the premises.
- The appeals court would be within its power to vacate its ruling.
- The court is going to vacate the rules.
- Unless they vacate their homes in 48 hours, they will be evicted (=forcefully removed).
- The owners agreed to vacate the property.
- The disqualified board member should vacate his seat.
- vacation (noun) The claimant petitioned the court for the warrant's vacation.