not fair The jury's verdict was manifestly unjust and clearly wrong.
- It would be unjust to deny the appeal (=request to higher court to reconsider decision of lower court).
- She needed to defend her reputation against unjust accusations (=statement that you have done something wrong).
- They argued that the prison sentences were unjust.
- The health care system is fundamentally unjust.
- Unjust enrichment is a legal doctrine stating that that no one should be allowed to profit at another's expense without making compensation for the property, services, or other benefits that have been unfairly received, even if those benefits were not obtained illegally. This principle is sometimes called unjust benefit in BrE.