unjust causing of harm Evidence may be excluded if its benefit is substantially outweighed by the danger of unfair prejudice.
- The minority shareholder petitioned the court claiming unfair prejudice.
- The court decided that there had been no unfair prejudice.
- Any features that could cause unfair prejudice were excluded.
- In the US, unfair prejudice as used in the Federal Rules of Evidence 403 is not the same as testimony that goes against the opposing party's case. Virtually all evidence is prejudicial or it is not material. The prejudice must be unfair.
- unfairly prejudical (adjectival form): The evidence of the other lawsuits was unfairly prejudicial.