a vote of more than 50% of those voting Resolutions regarding salary increases for executives require only a simple majority to pass.
- The measure was approved by a simple majority of those voting.
- The rules require a simple majority to pass the resolution.
- A simple majority vote could overturn the decision.
- absolute majority a majority of more than half of the votes of all people entitled to vote (ie not just those people present).
- supermajority; qualified majority a number of votes that exceeds a simple majority eg a two-thirds majority