the remedy sought by the claimant in a legal action Courts may grant other types of relief in addition to damages.
- The party requested relief.
- The court granted relief.
- Claimant obtained relief.
- She sought relief from the court.
- equitable relief relief available under a court's equitable powers ie those powers based on principles of fairness. Often refers to positive remedies used to resolve disputes.
- declaratory relief where the court states what the legal position of the parties is without ordering anything to be done or awarding damages