regard (in regard to)
if you write to someone in regard to something, you write to them in reference to or in connection with that thing I am writing to you in regard to your letter of 4 July 2009.
in that particular way The company failed to deliver the expected income set out in the business plan. In that regard at least, the venture clearly cannot be said to have worked well.
- They are supporting our position, without regard to any assistance they may receive.
- Something similar happened with regard to our client's business.
- The Bank of England can make laws only with regard to Britain.
- Detailed proposals were made with regard to procedures in the Commercial Court.
- For simpler writing, in regard to may be replaced by regarding, concerning, or about.