money that is owed to a business The accounts receivable of the company were yet to be calculated, so it was hard to determine the value of the company.
- accounts receivable
- They would offset each others' receivables and pay the difference in dollars.
- Net receivables are part of current assets.
- The outstanding receivables are substantial.
- The monthly report shows liabilities and receivables.
- He never had receivables problems.
- He lent money to businesses that put up their accounts receivables as collateral (=security).
- trade receivables
- customer receivables
- Receivables are recorded as an asset by the company because it expects to receive payment for the outstanding amounts soon.