a limit on the number of something (eg on the number of a particular product that may be imported) The US placed quantitative restrictions on shrimp products that was found to be inconsistent with WTO regulations.
- A number of quantitative restrictions will go.
- No more detailed quantitative restriction on credit.
- The application of any quantitative restriction or measure having equivalent effect was prohibited.
- In order to define the term 'measure equivalent to a quantitative restriction', (MEQR) one needs to trace the problems and decisions.
- The government could impose a quantitative restriction (a.k.a. import quota).
- The court has elaborated on what constitutes a quantitative restriction.
- The quota may be applied on a selective basis, with varying limits set according to the country of origin or destination, or on a quantitative global basis that only specifies the total limit and thus tends to benefit more efficient suppliers.