if you are prudent in your actions, then you show care and thought (especially when considering what might happen in the future) It is prudent to keep proper records for future reference.
- A person acts negligently if he or she departs from the conduct expected of a reasonably prudent person acting under similar circumstances.
- The court made a prudent decision in the matter.
- Settlement wouldn't be prudent at this juncture.
- The prudent person is a legal fiction that represents an objective standard against which any person's conduct can be measured. It is used to determine if a breach of the standard of care has occurred once a duty of care has been proven.
- Under the prudent person standard, each person owes a duty to behave as a prudent person would under the same or similar circumstances.