legal work carried out without charge, usually for a client with little or no money He took on a pro bono appeal and overturned a murder conviction.
- pro bono publicum
- Although some law firms do undertake pro bono work, the practice should be more widespread.
- Pro bono legal services are invaluable in widening access to justice.
- Pro bono work is an asset to any legal career.
- We're talking to lawyers about doing a pro bono deal.
- London law firm Freshfields also provide pro bono assistance.
- His solicitors were working on a 'pro bono' basis, offering their services for free.