the combining of small areas of land to form a larger unit (called a pool or a unit), especially when over a reservoir in order to drill for oil or gas One of the important clauses in an oil and gas lease is the pooling clause.
where a single trustee controlling a large number of investment funds combines the assets of each fund into a single investment pool Trustees should take the time to consider how they can use pooling to benefit their members.
- It involved the pooling of all oil and gas interests.
- The owners agreed to the pooling.
- The trustees operate a pooling scheme through advisers.
- They wanted to reduce the risk by pooling the assets of funds.
- pooling agreement a contract among shareholders relating to the voting of their shares
- pooling of interest an accounting method where the balance sheet items of the two companies (in merger acquistions) are simply added together