to disagree with a plan or a policy Voters with strong religious beliefs are more likely to oppose gay marriage.
- People living near one of Europe's largest municipal parks oppose plans to create a new sports centre.
- Digital activists are using sophisticated attacks on nations and organisations they oppose.
- The French cabinet was unanimous in opposing NATO's bombing raids.
- Most voters in those parts of England and Wales where police force mergers are planned, oppose the plans.
- Many people oppose the death penalty.
- Nearly two thirds of the public oppose state funding for faith schools.