something that causes harm or annoyance to a person or to property New police powers have been granted to deal with nuisance drinking and problem behaviour.
- We are not just talking about an environmental nuisance here.
- Smoke arising from straw and stubble burning after harvest can often be a source of nuisance, including odour nuisance.
- statutory nuisance
- public nuisance
- private nuisance
- mixed nuisance
- noise nuisance
- Nuisance can be classified as public, private or mixed.
- In some common law jurisdictions, the person claiming private nuisance must have suffered some injury in the use and enjoyment of their land.
- Statutory nuisance can include noise, smoke, fumes, gases, dust, steam, smell, sewage, the keeping of animals, deposits and accumulations of refuse and/or other material and other emissions from property that are prejudicial to health or a nuisance.