a very small difference in meaning, behaviour or appearance etc The author has a command of psychological nuance that lends insight into the character of his subject.
- I like Czech and Hungarian films because they're all to do with nuance and behaviour, not plot.
- Every nuance of its behaviour becomes evident as the shark toys with its prey.
- Does translated literature lose its nuance and subtlety?
- There is so much nuance and tone in a comedy that it's hard to contextualise it in a script.
- Every nuance of every utterance in his speech will be dissected.