despite the fact or thing mentioned Notwithstanding some members' objections, I think we must go ahead with the plan.
- Notwithstanding section 3, the Buyer may pay in cash.
- The chairman has the deciding vote notwithstanding the rules of the association.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, notification must be made before 31st December.
- She will attend court notwithstanding the fact that she is afraid.
- For the sake of simplifying your text and avoiding legalese, you can use despite, in spite of or even though instead of notwithstanding.