a person who is officially chosen for a job, task or other position Many nominees were criticised as having been picked for reasons other than their competency.
- She became the Republican nominee for Governor of Delaware.
- Obama has accused Senate Republicans of 'game playing' to stall his judicial nominees.
- Mr J was a shareholder in Goform, via his son as nominee.
- Judicial Nominating Commission has chosen several nominees for two judicial vacancies.
- The new rule will require companies to include shareholder nominees for director in the materials.
- A nominee account is set up by a nominee who is the registered owner for administering assets held on behalf of the actual owner. In most cases, a stockbroker holds shares belonging to clients, making buying and selling those shares easier.