the value assigned to a share as of the time shares are issued The shares were issued at a premium above the nominal value of the shares.
- par value
- Voting rights generally follow the nominal value of the shares.
- The shares are recorded in the company's balance sheet at nominal value.
- The company also held 10% of the nominal value of the ordinary share capital.
- The foreign companies traded have the nominal values expressed in the native national currencies.
- The majority of government bonds are of fixed nominal value.
- The bill will be sold at a discount to its nominal value.