the official right to be a citizen of a particular nation state; the state of being a citizen of a particular nation I'm thinking of applying for Austrian nationality.
a particular ethnic group that forms all or part of a particular state What are the main nationalities of Dubai?
- She will switch nationality from New Zealand to Britain before the championship.
- They welcome the offer of Spanish nationality for Basque children.
- Those who married foreigners lost their nationality.
- They were granted dual nationality.
- He applied to change nationality.
- The law refuses nationality to such children.
- More than 100 Pakistanis renounced their nationality.
- The Immigration and Nationality Directorate is the body responsible for immigration control and citizenship.
- Many had to give up their Indian nationality.
- Children born in France have an automatic right to French nationality.
- Nationality also refers to an ethnic group or a people having a common origin, tradition, and language.
- Citizenship is a synonym of the definition given above.