a transfer which is compulsory or required, often transfers which are required under the shareholder' agreement upon the occurrence of particular events such as insolvency (=inability to pay debts as they fall due) or change of control of a shareholder Shareholder agreements typically have provisions for mandatory transfers of shares where a shareholder breaches the agreement.
- obligatory transfer
- It is common in mandatory transfer notice provisions to see good and bad leader provisions.
- The mandatory transfer requirement required turning over private technology to competing companies.
- Any Member may give notice of its election to trigger the mandatory transfer provisions.
- Social Security is a mandatory transfer payment system.
- This policy is unlikely to constitute a mandatory transfer of the rights of the author.