compensation that is agreed to in a contract and that will be paid to the non-breaching party in the event of a breach If the contractor fails to perform, the redress for any overrun in time is the application of liquidated damages.
- stipulated damages
- Councillor Farmer said the delay would cost the local authority up to £6,000 a week, although £4,500 of this will be redeemable through liquidated damages.
- If the contract is breached, BQE will be able to claim liquidated damages.
- Uccello Immobilien, GMBH ('Defendant'), seeks to reverse a liquidated damages award ordered pursuant to a settlement agreement with Edward Resnick.
- The contractor brought proceedings to enforce the award, which was met by a counterclaim for liquidated damages.
- A Philadelphia judge has awarded an additional $62 million in statutory liquidated damages .