a non-lawyer who helps lawyers in the aspects of their work that do not require specialist knowledge Our legal secretaries produce legal documents dictated by our solicitors, prepare legal files, and liaise with clients.
- Unlike an administrative assistant, a legal secretary must be familiar with legal procedures.
- In the UK, the legal secretaries produce legal documents dictated by solicitors, prepare legal files, and liaise with clients.
- A former legal secretary was jailed for a year for stealing from a law firm to pay her debts.
- Advances in technology mean that solicitors can drastically reduce the numbers of legal secretaries.
- She is due to start a course to train as a legal secretary.
- There is no specific educational requirement in most U.S. states for legal secretaries.