a group of people selected to reach a decision on questions of fact based on evidence presented in court The jury listened carefully to the evidence.
- The jury took one hour to reach a verdict.
- During jury selection, I asked the panel members (= citizens in the group of potential jurors) whether any of them knew my client.
- He must now go before a judge and jury.
- The jury acquitted (=found not guilty) him on all counts.
- The trial ended in a hung jury (= a jury that cannot agree).
- A jury trial is a trial by a group of ordinary citizens who are selected to determine the guilt or innocence of the accused.
- A juror is a member of a jury.