an amount of money charged on the repayment of debt Interest payments on the loan are due on the 28th day of each month.
ownership in the company, often expressed as a percentage The company holds a controlling interest in Fantele Group with 120,000,000 ordinary shares amounting to a 67.2% stake.
a very broad term for any kind of right, claim, or title in something The heir received an interest in the new company under the terms of the will.
- The loans must be paid back plus interest.
- There is no interest charged on your debt.
- A conflict arises where you have an interest in the company.
- She has a vested interest in the land.
- This word is often found in the doublet title and interest and the triplet right, title and interest, in the meaning set out in definition 3, above.