to provide protection from something The proposed legislation would better insulate businesses from certain claims.
- The manufacturer was insulated from liability (=legal responsibility).
- The jury is insulated against control by the court.
- Certain decisions made by the Secretary are insulated from judicial review.
- It is important to be insulated from copyright suits (=legal action).
- In common usage, this word refers to physical protection from heat, cold or noise: What is the best way to insulate a roof against aircraft noise?