the report of another person's words by a witness We opposed his evidence on the grounds that it was hearsay and therefore inadmissible.
- The evidence was ruled to be hearsay.
- The court was correct to exclude hearsay statements.
- Certain types of hearsay evidence are admissible.
- The attorney objected to the hearsay testimony.
- Sometimes called secondhand evidence. Original evidence is an antonym of hearsay evidence.
- Hearsay evidence is considered to be somewhat unreliable and is often excluded from trials.