a person who makes or gives a guarantee The guarantor must complete and sign the loan documents.
- The government will continue to back the nation's largest guarantor of student loans.
- The US has a role as guarantor of regional and global stability.
- The Guarantor hereby absolutely guarantees the full payment when due. The Guarantor further agrees to pay any and all costs and expenses.
- Guarantor shall be liable.
- The guarantor becomes secondarily liable for the debt or performance of another, in contrast to a strict surety who is primarily liable together with the principal debtor.
- In American English, the related term guarantee is spelled guaranty.