to control, manage or strongly influence the way that things happen The rules governing the nomination of directors to the board are covered in article 39 of the bylaws.
- It is undemocratic to govern an area without an electoral mandate.
- The team is working on a smooth transition so they can govern the country on day one.
- None has shown an ability to govern.
- The hope is that they can eventually govern themselves.
- Civility did more than govern the conduct of the first President.
- The statute that governs debt collection is the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- A memorandum of understanding between the two agencies governs the allocation of responsibilities.