the term the foregoing is used to refer to what has just been mentioned or stated "The foregoing is true with respect to all other members of this firm" said Trope in a letter quoted in the statement.
- The sound-alike word forgoing, from the verb to forgo has a completely different meaning. Forgo means to give up a right or possession, and forgoing refers to the act of giving up or surrendering: The House passed a similar law after forgoing the usual committee review.
- Upon the foregoing papers, plaintiff moves for an order modifying the judgment.
- For the foregoing reasons, plaintiffs' motion for reconsideration is denied.
- They signed a notice stating that the foregoing events had occurred.
- The agreement further provided that notwithstanding the foregoing....
- Upon consideration of all of the foregoing, and for the following reasons, petitioner's motion is granted.