the process of taking back property (often real property, such as a house) that was bought with borrowed money because the borrower is not able to pay back the money as agreed A judge last week approved the foreclosure of Jean Castro's single-family home and ordered it to be sold in December.
- Many families are facing foreclosure.
- People lose their homes through foreclosure.
- States that have been hard hit by the mortgage foreclosure crisis are seeing significant increases in family homelessness.
- A foreclosure notice has been placed on the house.
- His multimillion dollar Beverly Hills home was saved from foreclosure.
- The bank sued for judicial foreclosure of the property.
- The foreclosure of Smith's apartment complied with Texas law.