the formal submission of a document to an official organisation, usually a court of law or other public authority Congress approved $85 billion in loans from the American taxpayers to prevent a bankruptcy filing.
- Accountants are busy just before tax filing time comes in mid-April.
- In its filing, the company listed liabilities of $613 billion and assets of $639 billion.
- The financial situation has quickly deteriorated since the April 10 filing.
- court filing
- regulatory filing
- government filing
- filing fee
- Other forms of the word
- file - the noun form, means an organisation's records of a particular matter.
eg The court's file contained the plaintiff's complaint, the defendant's answer, and all other documents filed in the case.
- filer - a person or organisation who submits a filing.
eg The Tax Authority requires that all filers have a tax identification number.
- Common phrases
- filing fee - the fee that must be paid upon filing.
- filing requirements - the rules about when and how something must be filed.