relating to a nation's central government, and not to the government of a region within that nation The federal courts are often required to apply state law when dealing with certain cases.
- The FEC is an independent agency which administers and enforces federal campaign finance law.
- He is currently in a United States jail awaiting a retrial on federal drugs charges relating to cocaine.
- Janet Reno is working out if the children can be charged under federal law.
- Disability advocates applauded Congress for passing legislation that eliminates the term 'mental retardation' from federal laws.
- The Supreme Court rejects a stay of execution for Juan Raul Garza, who stands to become only the second federal prisoner to be put to death since 1963.
- She asserted that Motorola violated federal and state law by subjecting her to a hostile work environment.
- A federal civil rights action was instituted against the City of Philadelphia.