not directly related to the subject or situation that you are dealing with Mr McCarthy used the legal process for a purpose outside and extraneous to the prosecution itself.
- Making it easier to lay off extraneous workers can spur job creation.
- Environmental groups were pleased with his efforts to rid the bills of extraneous language aimed at loosening or killing environmental regulations.
- The government has not said what it does with the extraneous material it gathers.
- The lawyers argued that many of the hours billed were extraneous, and an exact fee has yet to be agreed upon.
- The terms irrelevant and superfluous are synonyms of extraneous.