a distribution of profits payable to shareholders in accordance with their shareholding The company paid a dividend of £5 per share.
- The Congress want to impose a 15% dividend tax.
- By holding on to many great dividend-paying companies, you can enjoy rising dividend yields over time.
- Citi has no plans to reduce its dividend.
- Fannie Mae slashed (cut) its dividend after suffering a loss.
- The new owners voted themselves a cash dividend of 5.6 billion euros.
- The action significantly increased the members' yearly dividend.
- In 2010, there will be no tax on dividend income.
- Also referred to as Dividend Per Share = DPS