a figure that is taken away from a total amount of money What deductions are being taken from this person's salary?
when you reach a conclusion, decision or answer after thinking about all of the available facts He was able to discover the probable killer through a process of deduction.
- Do not confuse deduction with reduction. A reduction is the process of making something smaller.
- The payer doesn't get a tax deduction but the payee becomes taxable.
- Each deduction for business expenses may reduce the amount of taxes.
- Sherlock Holmes' reputation rests upon his powers of deduction.
- A tax deduction can also be called a tax write-off.