someone who has committed a crime (=something that is against the criminal law) The Government is considering paying criminals to surrender and give up their weapons.
- He is a war criminal because he was not a legitimate soldier.
- The criminals involved in this activity are portrayed sympathetically.
- Society allows dangerous criminals to remain on the streets.
- Vietnam's net domain has become a big favourite with web criminals.
- Once a criminal always a criminal.
- Arresting and convicting criminals is not enough - we must also take away their profits.
- Designer training shoes appear to be one of the most popular fashion accessories for the young criminal.
- You have now been branded as a common criminal.