a judge's private office Following a hearing in chambers, Justice Booth refused to order the children's return to the State of Victoria.
- barristers' chambers
- The senior judge did not have designated chambers.
- The judge also presided over a defendant's marriage in his chambers.
- An in-chambers conference was held concerning counsel's remarks.
- He was excluded from the private in-chambers hearing.
- The juror was summoned to chambers by Judge Kay.
- He had contacted 30 barristers' chambers, but none would take the case on.
- judges' chambers
- This term is always plural even if the judge has only one room.