an official document confirming that the information on it is true It is now compulsory for UK home owners to have a certificate before selling their property.
- The solicitor's practising certificate has lapsed (=ended).
- You should apply for a certificate.
- Each year about 45,000 children born in England and Wales do not have their father named on their birth certificate.
- marriage certificate
- death certificate
- International Legal English Certificate
- Certificate derives from the Latin meaning make certain.