to get something by paying money for it Don't buy on impulse.
to pay money to someone in a position of influence or authority to get them to do something dishonest He tried to buy a judge.
- You can buy from any authorised retailer.
- If we can buy it for £16 per share, we'll be getting a good deal.
- Some of the partners have borrowed money to buy in to their partnership.
- Bank of America will buy back $386 million in financial instruments.
- Buy low, sell high.
- Some consumers have a Buy American philosophy.